What should you keep in mind after arriving in Slovakia?

Depending on the activity you are going to carry out in Slovakia and how it will be performed, you can apply for one of the following types of temporary residence:
  • temporary residence for the purpose of study
  • temporary residence for the purpose of special activity
  • temporary residence for the purpose of research and development
Having received a residence permit, you must submit a document within 30 days confirming that you have medical insurance. Also, you need to provide the immigration police with a certificate stating that you don’t have any serious chronic diseases. Documents can be sent by mail or submitted in person.
вид на жительство в Словакии

How to extend a residence permit in Slovakia?

To extend the validity of your residence permit, you need to personally contact the immigration police and submit an appropriate application. For this, an official form is used, which is filled in the Slovak language. An application must be submitted one day before the expiration of the current residence permit.
Your temporary residence is considered legal only on the territory of Slovakia until a decision is made to extend it.
Proof of health insurance and proof of residency coverage must be submitted (it is not necessary to submit a no criminal record).

Responsibilities after arrival in Slovakia

In addition to visa and temporary residence obligations, every third-country national is obliged to report his stay to the immigration police within 3 working days of his arrival in Slovakia. If you have been issued a Schengen visa, or if you don’t need a visa to enter Slovakia, you must indicate the starting date, place and expected duration of your stay. If you have been granted residence, you must report the start of your stay.

This is usually done by the landlord if you are staying at a hotel, hostel or hostel. If you are staying in private accommodation such as a rented apartment or with a friend, you must submit a “Notice of Stay”. This can be done in person or sent by certified mail through the regular postal service.

As a third-country national residing in Slovakia, you are obliged to report any changes regarding your place of residence, name, surname, personal status, citizenship and data in your passport within 5 working days from the date of the change.

What do you need to report your stay?

If you are in private accommodation, please come in person to the Immigration Police office during business hours and present the following:
  • 1
    Completed form «Notice of stay»
    (available in 7 languages, it must be completed in Slovak, forms are also available at local police stations)
  • 2
    A valid passport
If you have questions about your stay in Slovakia, please contact our consultants for help
Leave your contacts and we will tell you about the best option for you
By clicking on the button, you consent to the processing of personal data and agree to the privacy policy
read also
    contact us
    Ružinovská 5889/42, 821 01 Ružinov, Slovakia
    Our address in Slovakia
    Open in maps
    Made on